673 East Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101
From the 210 frwy, exit Lake Ave. Head South on Lake and then West on Colorado Blvd. The Theatre is located on the North side of Colorado Blvd. between Oak Knoll and El Molino.
We are located at 673 E Colorado Blvd.. Use this website here to find the closest parking lot: https://playhousevillage.org/visit/directions-parking
The Playhouse was built by Laemmle and opened in February 1999. It was the first arthouse movie theater in the Los Angeles area constructed with stadium seating. One of our most popular locations, its seven screens seat between 116 and 253 people.
(For all films except special engagements, series, festivals & screenings):
Laemmle Premiere Card holders get $3 off every ticket (except Senior Weekday and Student Sunday tickets), 20% of concessions, and more. Click here for details.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays:
Adult General Admission : $14.00
Child 11 & Under : $11.00
Senior 62 & Over : $11.00
Bargain Price* : $11.00 (for films that start prior to 2pm)
Adult General Admission : $12.50
Child 11 & Under : $9.50
Senior 62 & Over : $9.50
Bargain Price* : $9.50 (for films that start prior to 6pm)
Senior Weekdays (62 & Over) :
Mon - Fri for films that start before 6pm: $6
For films that start before Noon: $9
For films that start after 6pm, with Current Student ID: $9
Culture Vulture Series:
Adult General Admission : $16.00
Senior 62 & Over / Child 11 & Under : $13.00
Adult General Admission : $12.00
Senior 62 & Over / Child 11 & Under : $9.00
Anniversary Classics Series:
All Tickets: $14.00
*SPECIAL ENGAGEMENT (SE) or NON-STANDARD PRICING (NSP): denotes a special engagement, please contact the theatre for pricing
For a full list of Laemmle Discount Programs, click here.
• Senior Weekdays: Seniors 62 & Over, $6 for all films that start before 6pm Monday - Friday.
• Student Sunday Nights: Students, $9 for all films that start after 6 p.m. on Sundays, must display valid student ID at the Box Office
* Discount pricing does not apply to any film that as the "Special Pricing" (SP) icon.
• Complimentary assistive listening devices available at the box office. Driver's License or State ID required for deposit.
• Disabled seating and accessible restrooms available.
673 East Colorado Blvd. | Map
Pasadena, CA 91101
The theatre is located on the north side of Colorado Blvd., between Oak Knoll and El Molino Ave. From the 210 Freeway, take the Lake Ave. exit and head south, then turn right on Colorado Blvd.
We recommend parking in the Pasadena City lot on the corner of El Molino and Union Ave. at a rate of $1 per hour, or a flat rate of $5 per day. There are various other flat rate lots in the area, as well as street parking. Be sure to carefully check the posted signs. The Trio apartments across the street on El Molino offers paid parking, the rate varies.
- Jones Coffee Roasters at Vromans (Coffee, Salads, Sandwiches), 695 E Colorado Blvd.
- Tender Greens (American, Salad, Sandwiches), 621 E Colorado Blvd.
- Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana (Pizza, Salad), 625 E Colorado Blvd.
- OJI Sushi & Sake Bar (Sushi), 624 E Colorado Blvd.
- El Portal (Mexican), 695 E. Green Street
- Roy's (Hawaiian Fusion), 641 E. Colorado Blvd.
- Blaze Pizza (Pizza), 667 E Colorado Blvd.