Laemmle 75th Anniversary Raffle - Official Rules
Laemmle 75th Anniversary Raffle - Official Rules
1. The Prize in Laemmle Raffle (the"Raffle") shall be:
Grand Prize: The Ultimate Film Viewing Package: Package Includes Annual Pass to Laemmle Theaters for 2014, membership to American Cinematheque ($1500 level), Tickets to LA Film Festival, Palm Springs Film Festival and Col Coa. Also tickets to Eat See Hear and Last Remaining Seats!
2nd Prize: Laemmle VIP: Enjoy Los Angeles with tickets to Hollywood Bowl, LA Opera and Center Theater Group. Get Backstage passes to Twilight Concerts at the Pier. Plus a $500 Laemmle Theater Premiere Card!
3rd Prize: Laemmle’s LA: Discover iconic Los Angeles through this unique package. Includes an annual LA Metro Pass, Walking Tours from LA Conservancy, passes to the Natural History Museum, LACMA, and MOCA. Enjoy a Dodger game, dine at Pinks, Coles and more. Plus a $250 Laemmle Theater Premiere Card!
Special Raffle for Every Theater!
Grand Prize: Host a Private Screening of Your Favorite Movie for 100 guests with free popcorn and soda!* (Monday and Tuesday night, film must be out of release and commercially available)
Dinner & A Movie: Restaurant certificate and 2 movie tickets.
2. The price per chance, as evidenced by a Raffle ticket (each, a "Ticket") is $5.00. Tickets may be purchased:
- By check to "Laemmle Charitable Foundation
11523 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90025
- By Visa, MasterCard, and American Express by calling Laemmle Theaters at (310) 478-1041
- At the theatre by cash, check or credit card.
All purchases of Raffle Tickets are nonrefundable.
3. BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, ENTRANTS ACCEPT AND AGREE (1) TO BE
BOUND BY ALL THE RULES, LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS SET FORTH
HEREIN AND (2) THAT THEIR NAMES AND/OR LIKENESSES MAY BE DISCLOSED
TO AND USED BY THE NEWS MEDIA AND MAY OTHERWISE BE USED BY LAEMMLE
FOR PUBLICITY PURPOSES AND MAY BE PUBLISHED IN REGIONAL NEWSPAPERS AND ANNOUNCED ON THE LAEMMLE THEATER AND LAEMMLE FOUNDATION WEBSITE. OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY APPLY. PLEASE CONTACT LAEMMLE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. LAEMMLE’S INTERPRETATION AND APPLICATION OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL BE FINAL.
4. Tickets will be distributed and Ticket stubs will be collected in the order that purchase price is received. Checks will be deposited upon receipt. Checks that are returned for insufficient funds or other reasons will disqualify the Ticket.
5. All entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. (PT) on December 16, 2013, to be eligible for the drawing, except for tickets sold during the event on December 17, 2013. The Raffle drawing will be held prior to movie screening on December 17, 2012 at the Royal theatre, 11523 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles CA 90025.
6. Winner(s) of the Prizes must claim and accept ownership of the prize(s) within 2 weeks from date of drawing or forfeit the prize and a new winner will be selected.
7. The $5.00 Ticket price is not deductible for income tax purposes as a charitable deduction. The IRS states that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries or similar programs are not gifts and, therefore, the price of the entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
8. Winner need not be present to win.
9. Winners will be notified by phone or email.
10. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
11. Each numbered Raffle Ticket stub will be placed in the Raffle Ticket container. The Laemmle Foundation shall appoint a single individual eighteen years of age or older who will be responsible for maintaining control and security of all of the Raffle Ticket stubs. Such individual shall, by public certification under oath at the time of the drawing, certify that all Raffle Tickets purchased have their corresponding stub in the container of stubs where the winning Raffle Ticket will be drawn. Winners will be determined by random drawing.
12. Participants must be 18 or older to enter the raffle and be eligible for prizes.
13. Only one (1) person may be identified as the purchaser of a Ticket. Title to the prizes shall be in the name on the Raffle Ticket stub. Tickets are not transferable or assignable. Prizes are also not transferable or assignable.
14. Officers and directors of the Laemmle Theater and Laemmle Foundation and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
15. Proceeds of the Raffle are solely for the benefit of the Laemmle Foundation, which is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered with the Secretary of State of California.
16. You may obtain raffle registration information as well as raffle report data, from the CA Attorney General website http://rct.doj.ca.gov/MyLicenseVerification/Search. Copies of Laemmle Foundation raffle registration and raffle report are also available upon request from Laemmle.
17. Ticket purchasers, by participating (and winners, by accepting a prize) release the Laemmle Theaters and Laemmle Foundation, and its respective Board, committee members, volunteers, partners, vendors, agents, representatives, sponsors, service agencies and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers partners, employees and agents, including advertising, public relations, direct marketing and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to participation in the promotion and possession or use of the prize(s) awarded. Any liability of Laemmle shall be limited to Ticket price paid and in the case of any dispute, the decision of the Laemmle Foundation shall be final.